Effective as of: December 13, 2023
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of our Services, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you visit our application or website, you may choose to provide us with your email address or other contact information in order to obtain information about our Services. We collect this information only for our marketing purposes and will not share this information with third parties.
- If you create an Account, we’ll collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number (“PII”). If you create an Account using your login credentials from a third-party single sign-on service (SSO Service), we’ll be able to access and collect your name, email address, and other PII that your privacy settings on the third-party service permit us to access. If you log into your account with a third-party SSO Service we will receive a login validation token, but will not receive or store your single sign-on service password. We may also collect your gender, date of birth, and other information that is not considered PII because it cannot be used by itself to identify you.
- Like many website owners and operators, we use automated data collection tools such as Cookies and Web Beacons to collect certain information.
- ~~“Web Beacons” (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email).
- ~~“APIs” or application programming interfaces are software components that enable our Services to communicate with third-party services. We may use APIs to enable our Services to communicate with and gather information from third-party services, such as SSO Services, used by you.
- ~~Our Site does not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
- We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
- ~~Photos, Facial Geometry Data, Expression Data, Depth Information, and Lighting Estimation. We may collect the photos, that you upload from your device while using our App. Please note, you won’t be able to upload content from your camera roll unless we can access your device’s camera. We use the TrueDepth API to create our AI masks for Shader's users. We collect Facial Geometry Data, Expression Data, Depth Information, and Lighting Estimation. This allows us to create and animate AI/AR masks based on the user's facial expressions and movements. The TrueDepth camera generates a 3D map of the face, which we utilize for augmented reality features and the creation of AI masks in a 'Memoji' style. We will not be sending or storing any TrueDepth data.
- ~~Usage data. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your activity within our Services, for example, which pages you have viewed and for how long. We also may collect IP-addresses, the source of the traffic, information regarding the device and operation system, information about your wireless and mobile network connections, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone. We collect such data as IP-Address, your device model, screen resolution and operation system, session durations, your location with the help of Google Analytics. These data helps us to analyze your needs and interests, evaluate effectiveness of our campaigns and improve our App.
- ~~Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., the content that you share and social media pages). Any information you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
- ~~Purchases. As soon as Shader allows any purchases, we may collect personal information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. In some cases, you may need to provide us with additional information to verify your identity before completing a transaction. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
- ~~Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address and phone number when you request information about our Services, register to receive our newsletter or marketing, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- ~~Surveys. We may contact you to participate in the surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Information Related to Use of Our Services:
- As part of your use of our Services, we will collect and analyze data provided to us via the various third-party accounts you enable for use with our Services.
- Our servers automatically record certain information about how you our Services (we refer to this information as “Log Data”), including both Account holders and non-Account holders. Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that you clicked on, comments and other communications conducted over our Services, information from other third party products and services that we enable you to connect to you Accounts and other statistics.
- We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to your needs and preferences. We may use your IP address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used.
- When you use our services we may collect and store information about your location, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation, or, if you access our Services via a mobile device, by accessing your mobile device’s coarse location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device. In addition, some of the third-party accounts you use with our Services may contain your location information, which may then be shared with us.
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used to:
- ~~Personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- ~~Improve our Services (we may use your information and feedback to improve our Services, including our products, bots, and website)
- ~~Improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- ~~Run promotions, contests, surveys, or other features
- ~~Market products and services to you that we believe may be of interest to you
- ~~Send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
- ~~Send periodic emails with updates pertaining to our Services
- ~~Respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
- ~~Identify irregular App or website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose.
Information We Share
We will not share any PII that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Information Shared with Our Services Providers. We may engage third party services providers to work with us to administer and provide our Services. These third party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- Information Shared with Third Parties. We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties to enhance the effectiveness of our Services and for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling, benchmarking, and other similar purposes. As part of our Services we may share aggregate, anonymous demographic information, survey results, market trends, and other analysis that we create based on the information we receive from you and other customers. Such information will never identify you.
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your PII, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from you or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Modifying Your Information
To delete your PII and cancel your account, please click 'Delete Account' in your profile. We’ll take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Your PII may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your PII to us, we may transfer your PII to the United States and process it there.
Third Party Websites and Services
Our Services are not directed to children under 18, and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Your Acceptance of These Terms